1 Year* of Dedication Could Provide You With a Lifelong Career
At New York Institute of Massage (NYIM), you’ll learn the skills necessary to become a licensed Massage Therapist. Since 1994, our accredited school has offered personalized training for residents in and around Buffalo, New York.
We offer flexible class schedules so you can get the career you want without putting your life on hold. If you want a simple, straightforward road to a rewarding career as a Massage Therapist, come to our Williamsville Massage Therapy school for training.
Next Program Start Dates
- Mar 7thContinuing Education: Continuing Education New York Institute of Massage - Williamsville
- Mar 30thContinuing Education: Continuing Education New York Institute of Massage - Williamsville
- Apr 15thMassage Therapy: Massage Therapy New York Institute of Massage - Williamsville
- Jul 22ndMassage Therapy: Massage Therapy New York Institute of Massage - Williamsville
Becoming a Massage Therapist
It doesn’t take long to start your journey towards becoming a licensed massage therapist. All it takes is a little bit of time and dedication to the practice. You have the option to attend our school part-time (which will take about two years) or full-time (which will take about one year). After you complete the program and graduate, you can then take the board exam to earn your license – a test our program thoroughly prepares you for.
We make it easy to get started at the New York Institute of Massage. Our staff is here to get you on your way to a fulfilling career as a licensed massage therapist. We offer academic counseling services, assistance with financial aid and loans, and free remedial classes for those who need them.
What Sets Us Apart
At NYIM you won’t get lost in a sea of anonymous faces. We’re a small, tight-knit school who cares about each and every one of our students. People from all walks of life attend NYIM, and we believe that increases everyone’s learning to the fullest extent. Feel at home with the NYIM family.
- Flexible Schedule – We know you’re busy and can’t drop all of your responsibilities just to attend school. That’s why we work around your schedule; providing short (4.5-hour) morning, noon and night classes.
- Short Time Commitment – Complete the program in under one year if you’re a full-time student (5 days per week), or in 2 years if you’re a part-time student (2-3 days per week).
- Small Class Sizes – get to know your instructors personally as they guide you through the program. Individualized attention will increase your odds of success.
- Good Industry Relations – We stay connected to local massage businesses and are always giving referrals on behalf of our licensed graduates.
- Free Review Classes – These classes are provided for students and graduates who are preparing to take the board examination.
- In-Depth Training – New York has extensive massage therapy requirements compared to other states. This means you’ll always be more-than qualified no matter where you go in the U.S.
- Transferable Credits – If you decide to continue your schooling you can apply your credits to an associates degree at another college.
Learn Hands-On in our Student Clinic
Get first-hand experience in a professional setting at the Student Clinic. After you complete the qualifying exam, you’ll get the opportunity to practice various massage techniques that you learned over the course of all 4 terms, including Introduction to Massage, Massage Techniques, Oriental Massage, and Medical Massage. Once you finish the required 80 massage therapy sessions (20 per term), you’ll have confidence in your abilities when you enter the profession.
Throughout the clinic sessions you’ll learn how to communicate with and assess patients, demonstrate the basic massage strokes, proper pressure, and oil control; learn variations that you can introduce into your Swedish Massage routine; be able to perform a hara assessment and an oriental massage routine in accordance with the meridian flow; document your massage sessions on the computer; and finally understand and explain various conditions and recommend a medical massage treatment plan for those disorders.
The NYIM Scholarship is to encourage students to commit to pursuing their educational goals. Eligible students may receive up to a $2,500 scholarship – to be applied toward tuition, after successful completion of the Program.
NYIM is an Accredited Institution
We are accredited by The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. Likewise, we are also approved by the NYS Board of Regents and are registered with the NYS Department of Education.
Is a Career in Massage Therapy Right for You? Find Out! Take the New York Institute of Massage “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Massage Career Training Readiness score now >>
Maria Ruffino explains why NYIM was life-changing for her. In addition to feeling like she was learning amongst family, Maria was able to finish her training in just under a year and start working almost immediately. Compared to traditional school she enjoyed the hands-on learning aspect of career training. Now, Maria feels fulfilled bringing relief to her clients and helping them to live healthier lives.
Is a Rewarding Career in Massage Therapy Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Massage Therapy and exploring whether NYIM is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 716-633-0355
*Program length when completed in normal time